Senior Engineer - Stormwater & Floodplain Management
North Ryde, NSW
- Lead a range of stormwater & floodplain management projects
- Specialist role in small professional team
- Leaseback vehicle option available
Centrally located only 12 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, the City of Ryde is home to major commercial and residential centres, a diverse range of neighbourhood and town centres, extensive national parks and waterways.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineer experienced in Stormwater & Floodplain management to join our Infrastructure Services team.
As our Stormwater and Floodplain specialist, you will use your technical knowledge and people skills to engage and manage consultants in the preparation of flood studies, floodplain risk management studies and plans as well as the establishment and administration of floodplain management committees.
The range of projects you will contribute to include a catchment wide flood study including flood mitigation and drainage renewal projects across the Ryde LGA, a comprehensive flood study and flood mitigation design for the Eastwood town centre, and major urban development projects in Macquarie Park and Meadowbank.
You will also undertake assessment of local development proposals on flood prone lands, review hydrologic and hydraulic models and provide technical advice to ensure compliance with Council’s relevant policies, technical standards and the NSW Floodplain Development manual.
- Degree level qualifications in Civil or Environmental Engineering or equivalent, recognised by Engineers Australia
- Significant experience in undertaking, reviewing and implementing flood studies, floodplain risk management studies and related plans
- Proven experience in the use of hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality models such as DRAINS, Tuflow, Hec-RAS, RAFTS, MUSIC etc with respect to latest Australian standards
- Experience in, or strong understanding of, the assessment of Development Applications including major residential and commercial developments, planning proposals, and master-plans from a stormwater and floodplain risk management perspective
- Strong written communication skills with ability to write well argued, technical reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience facilitating meetings with stakeholders and negotiating outcomes
A salary in the region of $116k + superannuation is negotiable depending on your qualifications and proven experience. Civil Liability Allowance applicable depending on your qualifications. Your conditions include an attractive vehicle lease-back option, on-going training and development, and flexible work practices that can include a rostered day off each 3rd week.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line application questions, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Interested? If further information is required, please see the Position Description or call Velu Manohar on (02) 9952 8120 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 28 January 2020 at 11.30pm